Who We Are
This is the personal website and blog of Bret Whitmire.
Our web address is: https://www.BretWhitmire.com
PO Box 1667
New Port Richey, FL 34656
Phone: (727) 857-6991
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Types of Information That Maybe Collected:
- Comments: Currently, we do not allow website visitors to comment. If in the future we open that functionality, we will update our policy on this page.
- Media: Currently, we do not allow visitors to upload images or media to this website. If in the future we open that functionality, we will update our policy on this page.
- Contact Forms: Currently, we use Ninja Forms to collect contact information from website visitors who inquire about our services, our products, or have questions.
- E-mail Newsletter Opt-In: Currently, we use Mailchimp to collect the basic information necessary to enroll visitors in our periodic newsletter.
- Analytics: This website uses Google Analytics and Google AdWords to track website traffic. Collected data is processed in such a way that visitors cannot be identified.
How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data:
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where We Send Your Data:
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.